The patches that have strengthened, mended, and formed me.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Painted Desert

Thursday night after Mass, there was an announcement made for all 1st year missionaries that we were to meet downstairs at 8:15 for a special treat. Of course we all knew what was going to happen, we were going to get our placements for the next year! I was so incredibly nervous. I really thought I might pass out. I wasn't nervous about where I was going or who my teammates were going to be, I was more nervous about all the change! I have always said that I love change, but I have never experienced this kind of change in my life before. I am giving my life over to Christ, moving somewhere completely new, I won't know anyone, and it's all happening so fast. Missionary life was becoming very real to me. I received my card that contained my placement, but I didn't open it immediately. I went into the chapel to pray for awhile. Once I felt more at ease, I opened the letter. As I'm sure many of you have heard, I'm going to ARIZONA STATE!!!! I'm beyond excited to see what God has in store for me. It's going to be an amazing adventure. :D

ASU has the highest student enrollment in the United States with over 72,000 students! That's a lot of souls to capture for Christ Jesus!

I'm going to live by cacti. Cool. No snow!!!

Go Sun Devils!
ASU is located in Tempe, which is the Phoenix Metropolitan Area. They're apart of the Pac-12 conference, NCAA Division 1 and their mascot is the Sun Devil. hahaha. I found this really funny. 

I can't wait to be on campus and share my life with the students at ASU. It's been really fun getting to know my team (there's 5 of us). I wish I had a picture of them, but I'll have one soon. Please keep me, the students at ASU, and our team in your prayers! Also, please let me know if you're in need of any prayers. We pray a Holy Hour every day, which means we do a lot of praying. Yay for Arizona State! 

1 comments:

  1. I found it funny too, Anna. I was just about to tell you so in a text message. I am very proud of you.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I'm Anna. Jesus has transformed my life and I want to share His love with the world.
Powered by Blogger.

© Patches, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena