The patches that have strengthened, mended, and formed me.

Friday, December 14, 2012

Beauty in a Breakdown

I officially haven't done a fantastic job at blogging the last two months, but a lot has been going on! SEEK, our FOCUS national conference, is quickly approaching. ASU has 52 students who are going on the conference, which is awesome. I  was in a Catholic sorority in college, Mu Epsilon Theta, and I am bringing it to ASU in the spring! This is an amazing blessing and I am very excited to rush 30 women into this beautiful sorority that changed my life. Bible study is finished for this semester. Words cannot explain how radically these women in my studies have impacted me. They make me laugh, cry, love, grow, and love my job more than I ever thought I would. I'm truly in love with each and every single one of them. They are so strong and such great examples of God's love in my life.

About 2 weeks ago I had my first emotional breakdown as a missionary. I can't remember the last time I cried so much. As a missionary you're constantly surrounded by people, but it's one of the loneliest jobs. I'm finally figuring this out. I had Bible study the night of my breakdown and for the first time I honestly didn't want to go, but I've heard that you grow in virtue when you do something that you don't want to do...especially when it will bring you closer to God. My girls immediately knew something was wrong because I looked like a total mess. I decided to open up to them because they're always opening up to me. They were so wonderful! I haven't felt that much love in a long time. One of the girls had even brought me a present (she had no clue I was even having a bad day)! I discovered that I've been trying to do too much on my own. I wasn't opening up to anyone and running myself down. The women were fantastic and they said that they want to start hearing my prayer requests. They said it wasn't fair that they get all the prayers and that I never ask for anything. They're so wonderful and it was great to see them turn into little missionaries themselves!

Here's some idea to what else has been going on:
Thanksgiving Dinner! 


Students could come up and write when they thought life begins.
Where does life begin?
Conception! :)


Marisa, one of my girls in Bible study, sharing her testimony to about 50 students after Mass one night!


Melissa and Evan, 2 FOCUS students, leading music in the church after Mass.



Mona, one of my girls, took this lovely picture on campus one day.


Getting drinks after Mass one night!


Celebrating a great Mass!


20 student missionaries learning how to lead their own Bible studies on campus one Friday night!
PS. I'm on the couch and I made dinner. :)


Ice skating with my girls!
We went ice skating after Mass for Mary's Immaculate Conception!


Caelen and I ice skating!


Ice skating!


Ice skating!


Ice Skating!


Eating yummy food after skating up an appetite!


I had my 1st In-N-Out burger! It's a huge deal in AZ.


Vigil Mass for Our Lady of Guadalupe!
We bought her flowers. 


The Church for Our Lady of Guadalupe Mass!
It was so old fashioned and gorgeous. 
I had never attended Mass where the Priest's back was to the congregation the entire time. It was so old fashioned and beautiful. I'm also incredibly dumb though and sat in the very front row, so when Communion came around I was the first person to receive. Okay, so see the railing in the picture above, yep, I didn't know you had to kneel to receive Communion. This may be obvious to many of you, but I was oblivious. I walked up and held my hands over the railing like an idiot and before I knew it Jesus was being shoved in my mouth. Oops. I was embarrassed, but oh well. I figure Jesus really didn't care too much. I tried. :)


Happy feast day! 


A Mexican dancer for Our Lady of Guadalupe's feast day!
Some other exciting news: At our conference, SEEK, one first year missionary gets asked to share their testimony and I was chosen! There's about 150 first year missionaries, so it's a huge honor. I'll be sharing it in one of the smaller workshops. FOCUS has estimated that it'll be to about 800 students (6,000 are attending the conference). The main focus of the workshop is to inspire the students to become a FOCUS missionary. I absolutely love my job and being a missionary, so I totally agreed. I'll try to get someone to film it, so that I can share it with you.

One last thing: In Bible study we've been going over Theology of the Body and modesty a lot recently. It's a topic that a lot of girls struggle with, so I went around campus interviewing men on women's fashion. Many girls are oblivious to what men actually think! Here's the video if you want to take a look: 


Thank you for all of your prayers from afar! Wishing you a Merry Christmas, Anna.

1 comments:

Hi, I'm Anna. Jesus has transformed my life and I want to share His love with the world.
Powered by Blogger.

© Patches, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena