The patches that have strengthened, mended, and formed me.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

"Follow Me"

I haven't blogged in awhile because I'm back in Oklahoma raising my funds to be able to fulfill my mission at Arizona State. It has been an interesting adventure to say the least. God has humbled me in about a million ways. I have compiled a list.


  • How Christ has humbled me:
    • I have been yelled at.
    • I have been hung up on.
    • I have had to ask people to financially support me in my mission (this can get slightly awkward....especially after they've told you about all of their financial burdens). 
    • People have told me they don't think my mission is that important.
    • I have been ignored.
    • I have been told I'm wasting my talents and that I should enter the job market.
    • I have been told to get a "real" job. 
    • I have been brought to tears (I'm usually not a crier). 
    • I have come to the realization that I am NOT in control and I can only do so much. AKA I can't force people to support me. I can only ask and rely on God to send me the people who want to be apart of this mission. 
  • How I have learned from it:
    • I pray for Christ to send peace to the people who yell or hang up on me.
    • I have learned to still make the ask. God has blessed me in so many ways already and it's beautiful to see families come together to support me. They still want to support me! :D
    • Many people have told me how proud they are of me and that this is 1 of the most important missions!
    • I love the people who ignore me and there are many who don't ignore me. I have made so many new friends!
    • I have been told my talents are multiplying.
    • I do have a REAL JOB! I get to bring others to Christ. It's a job that God has called me to.
    • Tears are not a weakness, but show that I am only a child of God. I'm not invincible and I know that I can always rely on Him.
    • I can only share my mission with everyone I meet and pray for God to send people into my life who want to support me. 
As a missionary, I meet with dozens of families where I share the vision of FOCUS, my mission at ASU, how Christ has touched my life, and then I invite them along on the mission. We're all called to be disciples of Christ, but many people cannot do what I'm doing with my life right now. They have families, jobs, and responsibilities at home. I don't. I ask them to join me in the journey by praying for me and helping me financially. It's been a humbling (see above) and awesome experience! People love what I'm doing and I get to know people on such a deeper level. Many of these families I've known my entire life, but I've never truly known them. I get to hear their struggles, prayer requests, and desires for their faith. God has given me an amazing gift. Families and couples have cried,  laughed, and loved me every step of the way. I could not be more grateful. If you are one of these families or couples, THANK YOU!

The readings in Mass have been a true gift from God. If you've been listening, you'll know what I mean. 
  • Challenges I've faced:
    • A lot of people express that they don't think I'm needed on a college campus and that's what the student centers are for. I disagree. Some tell me that the job I'm talking about is for the Religious aka Priests, Sisters, and Nuns, but we need more laborers
      • "When he saw the crowds, he had compassion for them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he said to his disciples, 'The harvest is plentiful, but he laborers are few; pray therefore the Lord of harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.'"Matthew 9: 36-38
    • People don't believe in me or think I have authority. They see me as just a "kid." Jesus told me otherwise. 
      • "He went away from there and came to his own country; and his disciples followed him. And on the sabbath he began to teach in the synagogue; and many who heard him were astonished, saying, 'Where did this man get all this?' 'What is this wisdom given to him?'...And they took offense to him. And Jesus said to them, 'A prophet is not without honor...'" Mark 6:1-4
    •  People are afraid to spread the gospel or to be outspoken, but Jesus and his disciples did just that.
      • "Go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. As you go, make this proclamation: 'The Kingdom of heaven is at hand.'" Matthew 10:7
    • Many don't understand why I have to give up everything and why I don't have a salary.
      • "Do not take gold or silver or copper for your belts; no sack for the journey, or a second tunic, or sandals, or a walking stick. The laborer deserves his keep." Matthew 10:9-10
    • People still not being accepting, but it's okay because Jesus warned me. 
      • "Jesus said to his Apostles: 'Behold, I am sending you like sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and simple as doves. But beware of men, for they will hand you over to courts and scourge you in their synagogues, and you will be led before governors and kings for my sake as a witness before them and the pagans.'" Matthew 10:16-18
I LOVE being a missionary already and I haven't even set foot on campus. I know this was long, so thanks for reading (if you made it through :)) I could not imagine doing anything else right now. Christ loves me so much to have placed FOCUS in my life. Please pray for hearts to be softened and for people to be open to hearing about my mission. I also want to hear your prayer requests! Feel free to send them to me. :) Peace and many blessings, Anna.

1 comments:

  1. Stay strong in what you believe and good things will find you. When in doubt, just listen with your heart

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I'm Anna. Jesus has transformed my life and I want to share His love with the world.
Powered by Blogger.

© Patches, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena