The patches that have strengthened, mended, and formed me.

Friday, January 31, 2014

My Last.

This is my last semester as a missionary and last semester being unmarried. The other day I was telling my mom how grown-up I felt, and her response was: "Anna, you're almost 25. You ARE a grown-up." 

Sometimes time goes by so fast, but also so slow at the same time. My year and a half (I can't believe it's my LAST semester!) of being a missionary has been a blessing and gift from God that I will probably never be able to express my appreciation for. 

Here's some of the graces I've received so far and I'm sure there's many more to come:

  1. First and most importantly, I found my Vocation! Hooray! As a missionary, we commit to a one year dating fast and it honestly never scared me. I also never thought my future husband would come in the form of James, but hey, God is great and He surprises you/rewards you for giving yourself over to Him! You should try it. ;)
  2. Some of the women I've met at ASU, have become some of my favorite people/best friends! I wasn't prepared for the beautiful friendships I would form while being a missionary. I knew that it could happen, but guys, these women are phenomenal and inspire me daily.
  3. My knowledge of the Bible has improved by 100%. I honestly felt like I knew nothing at one point in my life, but now I realize that I will never know everything, but I have a yearning to try. Then eventually, I'll die, hopefully make it to Heaven, and have all the mysteries of the world revealed! CAN'T WAIT.
  4. I've realized how nothing is truly mine. My money isn't mine. My time isn't mine. My happiness isn't mine. My life isn't mine. It's the Lord's. Everything belongs to God and I desire to give as much as I can to Him.
  5. Life is meant to be joyful. I used to say that my biggest fear was not being happy, but that's impossible if you put Jesus in front of everything in your life. With Him, you will receive joy in your sufferings.
None of these would have been revealed to me without me saying "yes" to being a FOCUS missionary. I am so thankful.

Here's some of the blessings in the form of pictures:
Erin and I country dancing! We're a little sweaty. lol

Lesley and Katie
My roomies and friends.

Erin, Maggie, Me, Oliva at FOCUS' student
leadership summit


The best way to describe my relationship with Olivia
She's great.

ASU! Fork Em' Sundevils

Shots to being in TEXAS! 

My BEST friend Megan!

Birthday Celebration

Monica is going to Spain!
Miss her already.

DeAnna, she will always be the first...to serenade me!

Megan and I on campus promoting Catholic Devils week!

Picnics on campus with my favs are perfection.
If you want to serve God in a radical way, apply to be a missionary at: http://apply.focus.org/

In the Mantle of her grace, Anna

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I'm Anna. Jesus has transformed my life and I want to share His love with the world.
Powered by Blogger.

© Patches, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena